Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
2211 Mt Calvary Rd, SANTA BARBARA
Art meets Architecture. Resting above the American Riviera with majestic 360-degree coastal mountain and ocean views, this gated, 4,840 square foot home is nestled organically within the Santa Barbara foothills. An architectural tour de force, the 5.7-acre property was designed by Cliff Hickman, a disciple of Frank Lloyd Wright. Evoking the famed architect's signature lines, this mid-80s masterpiece is poised for entertaining and once served as the retreat of British pop star, George Michael. Displaying a hexagonal footprint, the home's honeycomb-like framework was designed around a central chimney to comprise a glass-walled Great Room. A wrap-around terrace offers breathtaking views of the Pacific and coastal mountains, overlooking the pool, sauna, tennis court, and guest house. A quiet sanctuary, this secluded oasis is ten minutes to downtown Santa Barbara and minutes to other iconic Santa Barbara locations - the old Mission and Rose Garden, the Botanic Garden, local beaches, and numerous hiking and biking trails. If you're looking for a respite from the hustle of life, this is the place. For more information on Cliff Hickman, visit hickmandesigns.com -- he designed and built several homes on the American Riviera. The story of his first residence is remarkable.
- MLS® #19-2416
- Full Baths6
- Half Baths1
- Year Built1985
- AmenitiesCathedral Ceilings, Dual Pane Window, Guest Quarters, Insul:T/O, Pantry, Skylight, Wet Bar, Guest House
- Parking Spaces5
- ParkingAttached, Interior Access, Gar #5
- ViewMountain, Ocean, Panoramic, City, Harbor
- Has PoolYes
- ExteriorStucco, Brick/Stone
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Drought Tolerant LND, Fenced: ALL, Fruit Trees, Hot Tub, Patio Covered, Patio Open, Pool, Wooded, Yardsprkl:T/O, SPA-Outside, Sauna, Tennis Court, Gazebo, Lawn
- Lot DescriptionHilly, Level, Rolly, Combo, Foothills
- RoofRock, Metal
- ConstructionSplit Level
- Address2211 Mt Calvary Rd
- Area15 - SB/EAST OF STATE
- Subdivision15 - Las Canoas/El Cielito
- CitySANTA BARBARA
- CountySanta Barbara
- Zip Code93105
- InteriorCarpet, Hardwood, Stone, Tile
- Interior FeaturesFamily Room, Ground Floor Bedroom, Ground Floor Master, Office
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Microwave, Refrig, Washer, Wtr Softener/Owned, Gas Rnge/Cooktop, Energy Star Applianc
- HeatingA/C Central, GFA, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Fireplaces2+, FR, Gas, LR, DR, Patio
- MiddleS.B. Jr.
- HighS.B. Sr.
- Listing OfficeCompass
Price Change History for 2211 Mt Calvary Rd, SANTA BARBARA, California (MLS® #19-2416)
|Pending (from Active)||–||–|
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange Program of the Santa Barbara Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Village Properties Realtors are marked with the "MLS" logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
All information is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing broker(s) nor Village Properties Realtors shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints. ©2019 Santa Barbara Multiple Listing Service. All rights reserved.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, that it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on September 16th, 2019 at 5:30pm PDT.